We’re pretty proud to have worked with design and conversion strategies for an hvac company, salt air inc. When they came to us, they had no easy call to action, no real way for people to easily schedule appointments, and they were not happy with their results. They were paying for advertisments but sending people to their home page! What a waste in spend! We made sure to make easy , clear calls to action by placing a phone number in the top right corner. We suggested adding in an appoint scheduler, and low and behold, conversions increased. I see this all the time, companies putting up websites not designed for conversions. You can have all of the traffic in the world, but if you don’t make it easy for them to contact you, they will just get frustrated, leave and head to a competitors site! Every website should have at least a few things to be set up for success:
1) Strong calls to action, making the phone number a “click to call” from mobile devices. You just use the code: tel:55555555 in the code and it turns it into a clickable link
2) Easy way to give lead information, i.e. name, address, phone number
3) Responsive, meaning mobile friendly!
If you can ensure those 3 things are at a minimum are implemented in your website design , then you are set up for success! Here is a great video for more learning:
I recently was recently talking with a client who sells empty container handlers. This is a very specific industry that only moves a 1,000 or so units globally. So it is paramount to make the most out of what little traffic he was getting to his site. What I did was install a heatmap on his site. A heatmap tells us what his website visitors are doing. So check out the image below:
AS you can see in that picture, his loaded container handlers page was getting the most clicks as well as his contact us page. So what did I do? I edited his loaded container handler page to increase his conversions and call backs. Not only that, I updated and edited his contact page to also increase conversions. Had I not installed a heatmap, I wouldn’t have known to do this! Watch the video below to gain a better understanding of heatmaping to increase conversions:
A good website design begins with hierarchy. With a defined hierarchy, it becomes easier to prioritize info for the busy user. If a visitor has limited time to scroll through your site, aesthetically defining what’s important is the way to go so that the message can be conveyed at a glance. When contemplating about the general hierarchy, group each new page with structure.
· Showcasing is one of the most important things that you should do as it helps to have an unusual or strong visual with just a simple text block. To make this element stand out, try using a scaled and colored image or video. Have seo services? showcase them!
· Come up with a supporting detail by constructing an element that is more subtle and smaller than the main element. This can be an invitation to scroll or click, a secondary text or line, or navigation. Such elements often have simple designs that don’t compete with primary design features.
· Come with a call to action. This element may contain a button, special color, or a fun element.
With just a simple search, anyone around the globe can know about your firm, project, or brand. This makes your graphic design important!Your website tells the international audience who you are, and what products or services you offer. Texts and images should merge in a way that will reflect your firm’s mood and tone. All of your information for your business should be made on a contact page so the customer can contact you for all of your services. This is very important to making a sale.
Just like business cards have been important over the years, a website has become equally important. Ensure that your website design is good-looking, well-functioning, and communicates clearly to your target audience. This is very important so you can start getting there attention and branding your business.